Smart Client Factory + Recipe Framework Error

Oct 30, 2007 at 7:41 AM
Edited Oct 30, 2007 at 7:46 AM
I am trying to add a business module to my project using Smart Client Factory but I am getting the following Recipe Framework Error:

Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ValueProviderException: An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe CreateBusinessModuleCS. Error was: An error happened while calling the value provider or evaluating the default value of argument ProfileCatalogItem..

You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Microsoft.Practices.SmartClientFactory.ValueProviders.ProjectItemByNameExpressionProvider.Evaluate(Object& newValue)

at Microsoft.Practices.SmartClientFactory.ValueProviders.ProjectItemByNameExpressionProvider.OnBeginRecipe(Object currentValue, Object& newValue)

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.CallProviders(IDictionary providers, IDictionaryService readonlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, Boolean isBefore)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.CallProviders(IDictionary providers, IDictionaryService readonlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, Boolean isBefore)

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend)

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.ExecuteFromTemplate(String recipe, IDictionary arguments)

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.UnfoldTemplate.ExecuteRecipe(Boolean executeActions)

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.UnfoldTemplate.RunStarted(Object automationObject, Dictionary`2 replacementsDictionary, WizardRunKind runKind, Object[] customParams)

I am not able to solve this issue. What could the problem be? Please, any help is appreciated!
Best Regards,
Lara
Jan 31, 2008 at 2:21 AM
Hi lara, I am having the same issue, it will be very kind of you to let me know the solution you found out if any, thanks in advance!